Monday, October 3, 2011

I Just Need a Hug

Photo from the day of the Black Rock City Naked Pub Crawl

I arrived in Black Rock City on Tuesday, August 22nd. I receive an early arrival pass for Burning Man to assist with building the One Mile Clock which is the world’s largest working time piece. On Tuesday, there was nothing for me to do which allowed me to set up my camp out on the fringes of Black Rock City.

On Wednesday morning, I arrived at center camp ready to work. My fist assignment was to remove the tie-downs from “that trailer” and get “those bicycles” off the trailer. There were two 20-foot sections of steel tower that needed to be moved out onto the Playa. They were buried under bicycles and securely strapped to the trailer.

As I’m studying the trailer trying to decipher the chains, straps and cinches holding the bicycles and equipment, I spotted a woman wearing a very short tu tu and nothing else walking towards me. Oh, she had a ridiculously small top hat pinned to her hair. And boots. She had on boots.

With outstretched arms and crying, she pulled me into a ferocious hug. She sobbed onto my shoulder. I wish I had worn a shirt. She cried and sobbed for several minutes, her chest heaving next to mine. All I could think was, “this is the first time EVER I’ve had a woman’s naked boobs pressed into my naked chest.” OK. I’m shallow.

I just held her as she cried. When the sobs subsided, I asked her if she was OK. She shook her head “yes” and then shook her head “no”. “I just need a hug,” she said, “I’ve had a very bad morning.”

She looked me in the eye, smiled, gave me a great big sloppy kiss and walked away. I never saw her again.

Welcome to Black Rock City!

Oh, and the woman in the photo? I have no idea who she is. I just had to get a photo with her since she had on the same ridiculous top hat.

Thank you for listening,

Jerry L. Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment