Monday, November 1, 2010

Boo!

Paul & Jerry Halloween 2010

It has been a busy week. I’ve been to the Fiesta Arts Gallery three times this past week. I’ve been preparing for a show/sales event in Los Angeles and it was Halloween weekend. Lots to do and see and be.

I completed two weavings while gallery sitting the Fiesta Arts Gallery and am one day away from completing a third. I have enjoyed the peace and quiet of the gallery. I enjoy chatting with the occasional visitor to the gallery. It is not a busy gallery and I do enjoy those interruptions.

I am also preparing for a one-day show/sale in Los Angeles for the weekend of Nov 14th. To this end, I’ve created 41 new artworks. Actually, 42; I sold one of them in the process, for which I am not complaining! Now, I need to select 12 of the works for framing. The remaining 29 will be on offer unframed.

In addition to framing the 12 selected, I need to make decisions regarding what other pieces of artwork should be taken for the one-day show/sale. So much to do!

And this was Halloween weekend. With the 31st being a Sunday, that means that Halloween celebrations began on Friday, continued through Saturday and into Sunday.

I had been to ONE Halloween party between 1980 and 2008. One. I lead a dull life. Last year, I went to a Halloween party at one of the local Palm Springs resorts and had an absolutely great time.

I went again this year (on Saturday) and had an even better time. I went as one of the Village People. I had the hardhat. I had the boots. I had the ragged tank top. The rest of my team didn’t show.

Sunday, one of the Palm Springs downtown streets was closed for Halloween. There was entertainment. There were costumes. There were hundreds of men & women in costumes of incredible imagination and ingenuity. I wore my leather Levis, paratrooper jump boots and Stetson. Not particularly imaginative, but warm. I watched the costume contest and marveled at their creativity.

Today, it’s back to reality. I’ll wash the glitter off my body, turn a critical eye to selecting artwork for the Los Angeles show and think about next year’s Halloween costume.

Please take a minute to visit my website at www.JerryLHanson.com Take a look at my artwork. Contact me if you want to purchase one or if you have any questions about a specific piece. My contact information is on my website or you can leave a comment on this blog site for me to contact you (include your contact info!). You can e-mail me at JeryL@JerryLHanson.com or you can telephone me on my studio phone 760-992-3157. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I’ll be in the gallery between the hours of 11 AM 1 PM Pacific time.

Thank you for listening.

Jerry L. Hanson

Blog 3

It has b

No comments:

Post a Comment